About the course
Start Dates and Times
This course is ideal for you if you are currently working in an early years setting and want to gain a qualification that will help your professional progression, this course enables you to ‘learn as you earn’ by combining workplace learning with part time study.
Please note that this is an indicative list of modules and is not intended as a definitive list. Those listed here may also be a mixture of core and optional modules.
- Personal and Professional Portfolio
- Child Development
- Assessment and Assessment systems
- Inclusive Education and SEN in Early Years
- Multi-Professional Perspectives
- Child Protection
- Child Development 2 International Perspectives
- Evaluation and Using ICT to Support Children’s Leadership and Development
- Develop your own Resources
- Work-based Learning
- Working with Parents to Enhance Children’s Learning and Development
This course can also provide a progression route to a BA (Hons) degree.
- NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) in Early Years.
- Employment in an early years setting.
- Candidates will normally have a minimum of four years' experience at NVQ Level 3.
- CRB disclosure is required
We will consider a range of alternative qualifications or experience that is equivalent to those listed above. Please contact us for details.
DAYS/ TIMES: Yr 1 Tues/Wed : 3.00 – 7.00 pm
DURATION: 2 years
VENUE: 1 Mark Street, Stratford
The current fees for the course are £1310 for Home (UK and EU) students, £10650 for overseas students per year. There is a funding available for the course from the local council. Enrolments and final eligibility criteria are finalised by the Kingston University.