NEWTEC Deanery Road Children's Centre is situated in the heart of Stratford and offers a full range of services aimed at families and children from conception until the age of five.
Children’s Centres are here to help you as a family. You can go there to have fun, learn, get any questions or concerns answered, meet up with other parents and children and form mutually beneficial relationships.
There is also a good quality full day-care nursery on site with 60 places for children aged 3 months to 5 years.
Below is a list of the different services that are being offered by the centre:
- Pre-natal and ante-natal support and advice
- Family support
- Childminding network
- Baby club and baby massage
- Stay and play
- Arts and crafts
- Father friendly activities
- Parenting classes
- Childcare courses from Entry Level to Level 6
- Employment advice and training
- Speech and language advice and referrals
- Nutritional advice and referrals
- Mental health advice and referrals
- Literacy and numeracy classes
- ESOL classes
- A volunteer support programme
- Support groups for young parents, parents with disabled children and parents with twins or multiple births and much more…
There are many people who are involved in running the services within the Children's centre. They include Children's Centre and nursery staff, Deanery Road Midwifery Practice, London Borough of Newham Early Years, Jobcentre Plus.
Services are being developed all the time - and if you can't find something that you would like, Deanery Road needs to hear from you. Parents’ feedback is highly valued and will help to shape the future of the centre.
Please contact Deanery Road Children's Centre Reception for further details on: 0800 1707076 or visit our facebook page on at: http://www.facebook.com/#!/newtec.elci