IAG: STATEMENT OF SERVICE at NEWTEC
What is IAG?
IAG stands for Information, Advice and Guidance. It is a service provided in consultation with partners, agencies and potential employers and is open to all users.
The purpose of IAG is to assist individuals to reach their potential by overcoming barriers to learning, working and living. It provides support in making realistic and well informed choices and exploring opportunities available for personal development through education, training, work and career progression.
NEWTEC’s IAG service has three key objectives:
- to give impartial advice about courses and where they may lead;
- to support individuals through the learner journey in order to ensure they remain focused and motivated;
- to support individuals in building up the skills they need to find and sustain work that gives them fulfilment on a personal and professional level.
- to provide opportunities for learners to volunteer, gain work experience or join our staffing agency
The services we offer include:
- Information and advice sessions about courses, training opportunities and career progression
- Enrolment sessions;
- 1:1 interviews and consultations
- Work placement and volunteer programmes
- Additional learning support
- Family support
- Staffing Agency
The service further allows learners to focus on employability skills such as::
- study skills and learning styles;
- literacy, ICT and numeracy;
- problem-solving, working in a team;
- job search – where, when and how to look;
- filling in application forms for jobs and courses;
- CV and letter writing.
NEWTEC staff are committed to the importance of confidentiality and the need to keep all records in line with the Data Protection Act.
NEWTEC is an Equal Opportunities Centre seeking to welcome and include all learners and all staff regardless of sex, race, colour, nationality, age, ethnic, political or religious beliefs. It is also committed to the values enshrined in the Disability Discrimination Act (2005).